The fourth episode of the Savvy Self-Publishing Podcast is up, and we’re doing an overview of the book selling basics. How do you get people to find your books? How do you entice them to buy them once they find them? And how do you make sure fans know to come back for more? It’s all covered today.
Part I: The Book Sales Page
- A professional book page on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- Cover art
- Making sure you’ve got a good blurb
- Getting book reviews (check out my article on How to Get Book Reviews) on Amazon and other online bookstores
Part 2: Overcoming Obscurity (aka getting people to find your book!)
- Giving away a free ebook (short story okay) — my video on How to Get an Ebook Listed for Free at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Promoting your books via Twitter, Facebook, your blog, etc.
- Blog tours
- Guest posts (see my article on Guest Blogging Basics for more on this)
- Getting reviews on book blog sites (try this indie book reviewer list to find bloggers open to reviewing self-publishing titles)
Part 3: Cultivating Fans
- Maintaining a newsletter
- Using ebook afterwords to let readers know about your site, social media links, and newsletter.